lunes, 28 de febrero de 2011

Lainey Gossip RSS

Lainey Gossip RSS


Monday, February 28, 2011

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 09:00 PM PST

Dear Gossips, So? How did you do on your ballot? And what did you think of that show? Not gonna lie, I thought the show would be good. I thought those two would bring something fresh, something entertaining.

Oscar Worsts: Gwyneth Paltrow & Nicole Kidman

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 07:45 AM PST

In this episode of Everyone Loves Gwyneth, here she is with Nicole Kidman on the carpet last night holding hands. Kidman almost always towers over any woman she stands beside. Gwyneth really is that tall.

Oscar Best: Cate Blanchett

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 07:19 AM PST

I’m sure I’ll hear it from you on this one. But remember here that we’re talking about Cate Blanchett. Cate Blanchett doesn’t make style decisions with an eye to what someone like, say, Reese Witherspoon would wear on a carpet.

Natalie Portman – Worst Everything Ever

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 07:12 AM PST

Written by Duana “Um, well, first of all, I don’t know the sex of my child”. Ugh. And then again, ugh. I’m going to try to rein in my rage and let it slowly build rather than unleash it all at you, unsuspecting, in one go.

Best Oscar BitchFace: Marky Mark’s Wife

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 07:01 AM PST

Has there ever been a BitchFace ascent as accomplished and as meteoric as Mark Wahlberg’s wife’s, also known as Rhea Durham? We first saw it when she

Oscar Best: Andrew Garfield

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 06:33 AM PST

My friend Lorella has a disparaging nickname for him re: his face. It’s something to do with an animal, and I can’t remember the animal right now because I’m too tired, but I don’t disagree with her description the way Andrew Garfield looks in photos because, indeed, his is a tricky, unusual face to shoot, and he’s not conventionally attractive the way, say, someone like Armie Hammer is conventionally attractive, sure.

Oscar Conflict: Michelle Williams

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 06:10 AM PST

Written by Duana This woman gives me the conflict. She’s an actress so why can’t she pretend she likes people? If she wants real critical acclaim and the freedom to make even more, better movies, being a box-office draw is one of the clearest paths to getting that done.

Oscar You Knew He’d Be There: Taylor Swift

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:57 AM PST

Thursday night she hits a hockey game with that Chord kid from Glee. Pictures everywhere. Then she cycles the pre-Oscar party circuit with her bestie Emma Stone. Last night they wing manned for each other at Vanity Fair.

Worst Carpet-to-TV Translation: Amy Adams

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:44 AM PST

Written by Duana While I love Amy Adams, I will admit to being a pretty recent bandwagon jumper. I wasn’t so into it and she played such an unsympathetic character in Julie & Julia and there was the whole cutesy poo singing thing (I can hear all of you going “doesn’t that sound exactly like the kind of person you’d like?” ) but I can’t explain it.

Oscar Diction: Armie Hammer

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:34 AM PST

My colleague Ben Mulroney, the host of etalk, is pretty tall. Probably 6 ft 2. I can’t remember Ben ever interviewing someone and having to hold the mic UP to the subject. Until I watched it on the monitor during the live red carpet show yesterday as he spoke to Armie Hammer.

Best Recovering Alcoholic: Russell Brand

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:23 AM PST

Written by Duana I know it sounds like a really strange thing to call someone, but after the weekend we’ve had, with the Charlie Sheens and the John Gallianos and all the rest of the poorly-behaved who feel entitled to spray their bullsh-t wherever they go, Russell Brand is both entertaining and a model of restraint.

Oscar Tense: Colin Firth

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:14 AM PST

He looked tight last night. The most tense I’ve ever seen him. Because he knew he was going to win. And I suppose it’s a lot worse knowing you’re SUPPOSED to win and anything else would be a huge upset and wondering about the possibility of the huge upset and having to wait for several hours before finding out – that would suck.

Oscar non-Anne: Jesse Eisenberg

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 05:00 AM PST

Written by Duana Late last night, long after it was too late to do anything about it, (and really, what was I going to do? Call up Annie H on her cellphone, because of how tight we are? ) I realized there was an untapped connection at the Academy Awards last night.

Best Undersize Dress: Penelope Cruz

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 04:45 AM PST

Written by DuanaHow damned hot is this woman? One month post birth. About 36 days. You know what the plan was for her? ‘Let me POUR MY ASS into this dress that I probably had from before I was pregnant.

Oscar Make-a-Couple: ScarJo & Jeremy Renner

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 04:33 AM PST

Many of you emailed me about this. Black Widow and Hawkeye posed together on the red carpet. And they could totally make sense, right? It’s a bit of a stretch though. Scarlett’s taste runs a lot prettier than Renner.

Annette Bening

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 04:19 AM PST

Written by Duana What do you suppose Annette Bening does on Oscar night? It must be a routine now, do you think? Does she have a private rant and a cry in the car and then get over herself? Does she not talk about losing the Oscar at all, and then spirit herself off for a week in the Caribbean to think about what her prodigious skill as an actress is missing in terms of being Oscar bait? Like, maybe she makes it too easy? Me, I think Warren waits for her outside the ladies room, tells her to pick up her socks, and that they’re going to put a smile on the faces of everyone in the Governor’s ball in one hour or less, they sweep through and everyone comments on what a handsome couple they are.

Oscar Pippy and his Ex

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 03:53 AM PST

Duana seemed to think Pipsqueak was on his “best behaviour” while presenting last night at the Oscars. Best Behaviour where Justin Timberlake is concerned, to me at least, would be to read the f-cking monitor and get the hell on with it.

Oscar Photo Assumption: Justin vs Justin

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 03:19 AM PST

I just saw this photo and it made my life. Both Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber were at the Vanity Fair party last night. So they met? Have they met before? I have no idea. And please don’t waste your time being know-it all-y about it either.

Oscar Windswept Couple:Jon Hamm&Jennifer Westfeldt

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 03:00 AM PST

Written by Duana I am about to ruin your day. Because your life is not as good as theirs. I don’t know if you got engaged this weekend, or the job of your dreams, or won the lottery.

Oscar Baywatch: Jennifer Lawrence

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 02:42 AM PST

I’m not saying she didn’t look good. She looked great. Gorgeous. Hot. Super sexy. But you can’t deny that’s exacly the same shade of red. And it’s cut exactly like an elongated swimsuit.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Entertainment: gossip

Consumer: fashion news